- 2 fillet fish. Snapper, or rock cod.
- 1 tbsp lime juice.
- 1 tsp salt.
- Oil for frying.
- 1tbsp turmeric base.
- 400 ml water.
- 2 tbsp vinegar.
- 2 tbsp sugar.
- 1 tbsp corn starch (dilute with a little bit of water).
- 1 small carrot, sliced.
- 1 small cucumber, sliced.
- 4 cloves of shallots, sliced.
- 2 jalapenos (or to taste, depending on your heat tolerance).
- Cilantro leaves for garnish.
Marinade fish with lime juice and salt for 10 minutes.
Heat oil and sear fish both sides for about 1-2 min. Set aside.
In a pan, boil water, turmeric sauce, vinegar, sugar, and diluted corn starch. Add sliced carrot, cucumber, shallots, and jalapenos.
Add seared fish, cover for another 4-5 min until fish is fully cooked.
Plating: Plate the pickled vegetables first, place fish fillets on top, add more pickled veggies on top, and cilantro for garnish.
Serve 4-6 people.