- 2-3 cloves shallots, minced.
- 4 yellow potatoes, diced, fried.
- Frying oil to deep fry.
- 1tbsp salt.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 2 tbsp kukui nut & shallots base.
- 2 eggs separate the yolk.
Fry shallots until brown, set aside.
Fry potatoes until cooked. Mash potatoes (as if you are making mashed boil potatoes).
In a bowl mix mashed potatoes, fried shallots, salt, pepper, kukui nut & shallots base, egg yolks.
Shape into palm sized, flat round patties.
Heat oil in a frying pan, enough to cover the patties. Dip patties into egg white and then cook the patties (in batches if necessary) over a medium heat for about 5 min each side.
Serve 4-6 people.