- 1lb chicken breast boneless.
- 2tbsp ChiliCali Turmeric Base.
- 1ltr water.
- 0.5 ltr low sodium chicken stock.
- 1.5 cup coconut milk.
- 17g grated ginger.
- 1tsp salt.
- 1/2 tsp pepper.
- 2tbsp lime juice.
- 3 bay leaves.
- 3 minced garlic cloves.
- 2 minced shallots cloves.
- Chopped green onion for garnish.
- Chopped cilantro leaves for garnish.
- 50g sprouts.
- 50g sliced cabbage.
- 1 sliced tomatoes for garnish.
- 2 hard boiled egg.
- Fried shallots for garnish.
Boil chicken breast until tender with water, chicken stock, 2 tbsp turmeric sauce, ginger, garlic, shallots, bay leaves.
Shred chicken meat with fork/ by hands, set aside. Keep the broth.
Low boil broth again, add coconut milk, and lime juice. Add salt and pepper. Taste and adjust.
Plating: in a soup bowl, plate shredded chicken, pour the chicken soup, top the bowl with shredded cabbage, sprouts, and shredded chicken. Garnish with cilantro, green onions, sliced tomatoes, half hard boiled egg per bowl, fried shallots.
Indonesians eat this soup either with rice, or pre boiled rice noodles. Add ChiliCali Sambal Base for heat.
Serve 4. Time: 50 min