- 2 tablespoon Asian fish sauce (optional).
- 1 onion, thinly sliced.
- 3 teaspoons of the turmeric sauce.
- 1lb skinned white fish fillet.
- Salt and black pepper.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil.
- Large handful of dill, finely chopped.
- 1.5 cups coconut milk.
- A pinch of paprika for garnish.
- Juice of 2 limes.
Preheat a broiler, grill pan, or gas grill.
Season the fish with salt and pepper and broil/grill for 1 min. on each side.
Heat the oil in heavy saucepan. Add onion, and cook quickly for 2-3 min until golden. Add half the dill an cook for another min.
Add turmeric sauce and cook to reduce until fragrant and aromatic (15-20 min). Add coconut milk, and reduce heat, simmering over medium-low heat. Add fish sauce (optional).
Add grilled fish the sauce mixture and cook for about 3 more min until tender. Add lime juice. Season to taste. Garnish with paprika and the remaining dill.
Serve 4-6 people.