- 2 tablespoons soy sauce.
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar.
- 2 lbs extra-firm tofu, sliced thick and patted very dry then cut into cubes and patted again.
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares.
- 1 tablespoon Turmeric Base.
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil.
Marinate tofu & bell pepper with soy sauce, brown sugar, turmeric sauce in a large bowl. Let marinate for 30 min (or up to 8 hours).
At the same time soak skewers in water for 30 min (so they don’t burn). Thread marinated tofu and bell peppers on skewers. Brush with oil.
Prepare the grill/preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Cook skewers at least 20 min, turning it occasionally until tofu is done (deep golden brown).
Sprinkle salt as needed. Squeeze ½ lime as well if desired.
Serve alongside a bowl of fried rice, salad, and peanut sauce.
This recipe works with chicken as well.