- 6 tbsp salted butter.
- 1.5 cups of minced shallots.
- 1 cup of minced garlic.
- 3 tbsp tomato paste.
- 1 cup of beer (any blonde beer would work).
- 1 cup fresh diced tomatoes.
- 1-5 tbsp of ChiliCali sambal Base (start with 1 first and add more if you want more heat)
- 2lb/ about 24 count of littleneck clams, cleaned.
- 1tbsp lime juice.
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves for garnish.
- Lime wedges for serving.
In a small cast iron, medium heat, melt butter, add shallots, garlic, cook and stir often until soft.
Add tomato paste, stir often for about 2-3 minutes.
Add beer, fresh tomatoes, boil for about 2-3 minutes.
Add ChiliCali sambal base and the clams.
Cook until clams opened.
I invited a few friends to come and taste this dish. We finished 2 loaves of baguette in 20 min. The spicy butter sauce is so addicting, it’s hard to stop dipping the bread in the sauce!
Serve 4-6 people. Time: 45 minutes.